Administration Division

How to reach Moratuwa Divisional Secretariat?

  • The building located on the left hand side of the old Galle Road starting point from Colombo to Galle Road is the Moratuwa Divisional Secretariat Building (adjacent to HSBC Bank).

Inquiry about Grama Niladhari Domain Numbers

  • There are 42 Grama Niladhari Divisions in this division. Visit this link for relevant information.

           Moratuwa Grama Niladhari Division

Should the owner be present when registering a business name?

  • For this the owner of the relevant business is required to come and bring the National Identity Card.

What are the documents to be taken while dealing with the deceased's banknotes and mortgaged goods?

  • Death certificate of the deceased
  • Documents related to the applicant's relationship (birth certificate, marriage certificate)
  • Affidavits stating that they have no objection to giving money or goods to the applicant if there are other members
  • National Identity Card

What are the documents required to transfer electricity bills?

  • Deeds proving the ownership of the relevant place to obtain electricity
  • Letter of confirmation submitted by the Housing Development Authority or the Municipal Council
  • National Identity Card

Social Services Division

How to get Rs. 20,000 / = nutrition allowance for pregnant mothers?

  • An application can be obtained from the Early Childhood Development Officer of the Divisional Secretariat of the Maternity Clinic in which you participated before 3 months of pregnancy or the officer implementing this program.

Who can get educational assistance?

  • School going children can get scholarships if the father of the children is dead or suffering from an incurable disease.

How to register an NGO?

  • NGOs registered more than one year after commencement are registered after submission of documents.

Is it possible to get a new Samurdhi benefit?

  • New beneficiaries are not currently being selected and appeals will be accepted for future consideration.

What are the qualifications required to obtain adult assistance?

  • Age over 70 years on the date of application
  • Family income is Rs. If 3000 or less

One of the spouses can apply for this.

Additional District Registrar Division

How to get copies of birth or marriage or death certificate?

  • If you know the number and date of the birth or marriage or death certificate Rs.100
  • If you do not know the number and date of the birth or marriage or death certificate, you can obtain the certificate by paying Rs. 200 to the Divisional Secretariat.
  • Relevant certificates can be obtained from the Colombo Divisional Secretariat only in case of birth, marriage or death that took place in the Colombo District.

How to register a birth?

  • In order to register a normal birth, one should meet the Registrar of Births Registration of the relevant division three months before the birth and register the birth.
  • Contact the Additional District Registrar for registration of births after three months and obtain the relevant information.

How to amend the birth certificate?

  • Take the relevant documents and meet with the Additional District Registrar.

           More Information

Pension Division

How to make Widows 'and Orphans' Pension after the death of Civil Retirement?

  • First obtain the death certificate of the retiree and terminate the pension.
  • If there is more money, write to the bank to get it.
  • Then instruct the relevant person to bring the following documents.
    • Original death certificate of the retiree
    • Original birth certificate of the widow
    • Original marriage certificate
    • A photocopy of the widow's bank book
    • A photocopy of the widow's identity card
    • A photocopy of the Widow Orphan Card or Widow Orphan Number
    • Passport size color photograph certified by the Grama Niladhari
  • All photocopies of the above documents should be certified by the Grama Niladhari.
  • Then after giving the relevant information, take the file and take the necessary action to make the widow's and orphan's pension

Why have pensioners' pensions stopped?

  • Termination of pension due to non-issuance of life certificate for the relevant year.
  • Termination of pension due to non-issuance of life certificate for the relevant year.
  • Issuing the life certificate on the arrival of the retiree and asking the Grama Niladhari to bring the certificate.Updating the pension after handing over the life certificate again.

Why the pension is not paid to the heirs after the death of the widow?

  • Explaining that according to the Widows 'and Orphans' Pension Act, if a person is entitled to the Widows 'and Orphans' Pension, if there is any salary or arrears due to that person after death, there is no legal provision to pay that amount to their heirs.

News & Events

Scroll To Top